- This! The Gift Of Presence, The Perils of Advice. I needed to hear this today. ♥
- An imagined Conversation Between The Couple Jogging Together In The Park.
- This little animation of a library book going to ‘work’. ♥
- These balloon animals are insane!
- Illustrator Michael George Haddad. You can find him on Instagram here.
- This is gross but kind of captivating, Man vs. Gut!
- The Newton Espresso Machine. Gorgeous!
- These miniature balsa wood mobile homes.
- The Double Rainbow Plate!
- A Corgi And Chicken Square Off In The Least Brutal Fight You’ll Ever See. ♥
10 things that made my week #74Art, blog, design
- The Koda Moveable Home!
- Panobook, a smarter notebook!
- This Wall Grid! ♥
- Ikea made instructions to turn a rug into a Jon Snow fur cape, because winter is coming!
- We should all be thankful the Mullet happened. ♥
- The sketchbook of design legend Ettore Sottsass. ♥
- Auto Mechanics Recreate Renaissance Paintings. ♥
- The origin of the weird floppy inflatable man.
- This massive rainbow yarn installation by HOTTEA. ♥
- BULLSHIT! <—–Worth the watch, by author Harry Frankfurt.
10 things that made my week #73Art, blog, design
- (CHICAGO) The iconic water tower in Andersonville is back on top of the Swedish American Museum this week!
- And God Created Millennial Earth.
- What I Wish I Knew At Every Age – Advice from some of my favorite designers.
- The Story Behind The World’s Most Famous Desktop Background. Interesting even though i’m a mac guy 😉
- I don’t know what this is, but it’s fabulous! Milky Shot.
- ‘Cuttemporary Art‘ by Sakir Gökçebag
- Interesting video about the color Purple!
- Stiletto-Skates. Brilliantly Terrifying.
- Gloopy Ice Cream Paint Brushes! ♥
- Here’s a little color inspo for the weekend: Unicorn Dreams by Ruslan Khasanov.
Omg, you guys… Kesha’s album dropped. It’s really good! Promise! Give her another shot! Dolly Parton even did a song with her! DOLLY! Check it out!
10 things that made my week #72Art, blog, design
- People looking at Alexander Calder’s Mobiles.
- These concrete modular sculptures by David Umemoto.
- This Honest Cover Letter is so perfect! 🙂
- Some local high school kids created a pretty dope 3-D Chicago flag mural!
- This new music video for ‘Boys‘ by Charli XCX!
- I love these Surreal Collages by Eugenia Loli! ♥
- This animated short ‘In a Heartbeat‘! ♥♥♥
- This Vertical Garden is the largest in the world and covers an entire building in Bogota!
- The Pessimist’s Umbrella. #wompwomp
- Cindy Sherman has made her private Instagram public!
10 things that made my week #71Art, blog, design
- Send a text to SFMOMA and they’ll text you back an artwork!
- This ultimate guide to Meal Prep! 😉
- Photographer Maria Svarbova has been creating a series Swimming Pool photos!♥
- This short film by Director Fernando Livschitz, ‘Perspective‘.
- The Bossa Moonraker speakers!
- These giant trash sculptures by Bordalo II.
- This Twitter account: Correct Names!
- I love these artworks by Laurent Eisler!
- Because the obsession isn’t wavering, here’s an extended cut of Carly Rae Jepsen’s ‘Cut to the Feeling‘! ♥
- It’s Finally Friday!
10 things that made my week #70Art, blog, design
- These DIY Rainbow Balloon Hats would have been perfect for Pride! ♥
- The Artifox standing desk.
- These fun little cups by Louise Madzia!
- Every child needs this Jetpack Backpack!
- This French Press tho! ♥
- Ban ana split.
- This is a great interview with graphic design legend Massimo Vignelli!
- HAIM has a new album out and this video for ‘Want you back‘ is great!
- How the Eames Plywood Lounge Chair is made.
- Photographer Niv Rozenburg created some beautiful images of architecture in Bushwick, Brooklyn. ♥
Also, Carly Rae Jepsen, A.K.A. The Queen of Pop, played a secret concert in Chicago on Tuesday, I waited in line for 3 hours and got to dance my heart away! WORTH IT! She played ‘Cut to the Feeling‘ for the first time live, too! ♥
10 things that made my week #67Art, blog, design
- The third in a series of beautiful coffeemakers: Manual Coffeemaker N°3.
- Warning! This is nerdy… This site shows real words as hex colors. 🙂
- This print: The Problem With Life.
- Maybe my boyfriend would let us get a Lego Cat!
- These same-sex wedding photos will give you all the feels! ♥
- This is really interesting: How do you draw a circle?
- Rupaul’s Drag Race Alums give drag names to republicans!
- An Artist opened a convenience store in Manhattan made entirely of felted products!
- A parking garage to fall in love with! 12 artists transformed the space with color and shapes.
- This Illustrator: Josh McKenna! ♥
This weekend is the annual Pride Parade in Chicago! I’ll be out celebrating with a million of my friends, follow me along on my Instagram Story @raisincain (only on the app)
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.”
↑↑↑(thanks for sharing @mrrenaissancestyle)
Happy Pride, Loves! ♥
10 things that made my week #66Art, blog, design
- This illustrated guide to Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture!
- This brass sketching pencil! ♥
- I love a good Letter Board!
- These Stunning Photographs of European Libraries.
- Lorde confirmed she ran an anonymous Onion Ring Instagram account!
- The Babadouk is the official star of Pride Month!
- Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie release their new album! ♥
- On Sunday I Marched On Washington with thousands of other beautiful individuals!
- Sketchnotes 101: The Basics of Visual Note-taking.
- Rainbow Pool Float? Yes, Please!
10 things that made my week #60Art, design
- Don’t Ask – Austin Kleon ♥
- Elbow is the sleekest cassette player I’ve ever seen!
- Speaking of cassette tapes, Mixtape!
- Shining a light on the positive impact Immigrants have on the world. ♥
- I feel Great. Tattly tattoo by Adam J. Kurtz ♥
- Lucy Sherston’s energetic illustrations!
- The Guggenheim shared over 200 Art books for free on the Internet Archive!
- Pizza Dress. ♥
- Silver Linings.
- Headline of the week: Crayfish get drunk faster when they’ve been hanging out with friends. Science.
10 things that made my week #59Art, blog, design
- I love drama in the Art world! This black paint is like, really black, and accessible!
- When you become someone new in a costume.
- I would have loved this Hackable Playhouse when I was younger!
- This music video has some beautiful visuals of the world.
- A Rainbow Font is exactly what I needed! ♥ (download here! seriously, it’s gorgeous!)
- Help protect the EPA’s graphic history with this beautiful book! The Kickstarter video is great, watch it till the end!
- Louis De Belle’s unconventional portraits of New York commuters.
- I love these Geometric Pendant Lamps!
- How We Need To Keep Growing Up. –The Book of Life
- Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie released a new song ‘Feel about you‘! ♥